KXK Dynamics RID STIX
1. R.I.D.STIX Concept: We chose to make this product with the sole purpose in mind of helping detailers and automotive bodyshop
technicians to sand small, tight areas more easily. And for detailers to achieve the coveted “Full Correction”.
2. Best Technique: It is always best to sand in a 45 degree motion over the RID rather than to sand in a parallel motion (same direction)
as the RID. **Refer back to the video files to see what we are referring to as a 45 degree motion**
3. Versatility: Depending on what the technician is looking to accomplish, R.I.D.STIX can be used in both dry sanding and wet
4. Use: When using the R.I.D.STIX to wet sand, wrap a piece Mirka sand paper around the block, lightly spritz water on both
the surface to be sanded and the wrapped piece of sand paper, and then begin sanding. Depending on how long a technician is
sanding the effected area, it is recommended to lightly spritz water on the surface being sanded every 4 - 7 passes to keep the
surface lubricated and the paper from getting clogged with clear coat residue.
5. Beveled vs Flat Side: The bevels on the top side of the block allow the technician to sand more easily and closer to a panel edge
without digging into the panel edge or going over the panel edge. The flat side of the block allows the technician to sand a RID that is
in a more open, flat area of a panel.
6. Product Amounts: There are 2 hard foam blocks (White Blocks) and 2 soft foam blocks (Black Blocks) in each set. The hard foam
block is more aggressive than the soft foam block. Think of it as a Microfiber Cutting Disc compared to a Microfiber Finishing Disc.